Regularly Offered Training Opportunities
The following are training opportunities that focus on developmental disabilities and related topics and are conducted or sponsored by Lanterman Regional Center for family members in the Lanterman community.
This is a monthly opportunity for users of AAC devices to socialize with other AAC users and learn some additional applications of their device.
This training with an attorney helps families plan for the future, and covers the following topics:
- The definition and types of conservatorship.
- The right to consent or withhold consent to medical treatment.
- The right to enter into contracts.
- The right to make decisions concerning education.
- What is a special needs trust and how it benefits you and your son/daughter with a developmental disability?
- What is a will with special needs trust?
- Will the special needs trust have an impact on SSI, Medi-Cal or IHSS?
This presentation for families with young adults will cover the following topics:
- Post-Secondary Education
- Vocational and Employment Options
- Transition to Adulthood Planning
This four-week course provides families with the necessary skills and knowledge about the regional center system to make them informed partners and advocates for their family member with special needs.
This orientation session provides basic necessary information and knowledge about the regional center system, what services are available and how to obtain information and resources./Esta sesión de orientación ofrece información necesaria básica y el conocimiento acerca del sistema de centros regionales, que servicios están disponibles, y donde puede obtener información y recursos.
The Self-Determination Program (SDP) is a voluntary, alternative to the traditional way of providing Regional Center services. El programa de autodeterminación (SDP) es voluntario y también es un proceso alternativo de la manera tradicional de recibir servicios del Centro Regional. 자가 결정 프로그램은 자발적인 방법으로서 전통적인 리저널 센터의 서비스 공급 방법의 대체안 입니다.
Lanterman will be holding information sessions monthly in English on the second Tuesday of every month from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Lanterman. Lanterman llevará a cabo sesiones de información mensualmente en español el segundo martes de cada mes de 9:30 a 10:30 a.m. en Lanterman. 랜터 만 (Lanterman)은 매월 둘째 주 화요일 오후 1 시부 터 2 시까 지 매월 한국어로 정보를 제공합니다. 랜터 만.
This presentation available in English and Spanish is for families with school-age children and will cover the following topics:
- What is special education and how to get the most out of a child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- How to ask for a new assessment and when and when not to sign the IEP
- Strategies to include a child at school and in the community
- Special section for parents with children 2 to 3 years of age that focuses on what happens when a child transitions to preschool
In addition to the regularly offered training listed above, Lanterman offers a variety of other training and workshops throughout the year that function as valuable tools in assisting families with the many transitions that will occur in the life of their child with a developmental disability.