The State of California minimum wage increases to $12.00 per hour for employers with 26 or more employees and $11.00 per hour for employers with 25 or fewer employees on January 1, 2019. The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) has been allocated additional funds by the Legislature for dissemination to service providers to meet the increased minimum wage mandate. It is important to note that the funds allocated by DDS are solely to meet a service provider's costs to increase employee/staff wages to $12.00 per hour (or $11.00 per hour based on the number of employees) and the associated mandated costs (i.e. Social Security, Medicare and workers’ compensation). Please click on the link below to read the letter from DDS, then click on the Workbook link to complete your request for a rate adjustment. SPECIAL NOTE: Only one rate adjustment request per workbook. You must submit one workbook for each vendor number. If a vendor number has multiple rates that are impacted by the minimum wage increase, you must submit one workbook for each sub-code rate. REMINDER: The deadline to submit is March 1, 2019. Requests submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Conservatorship and Estate Planning
This training with an attorney helps families plan for the future, and covers the following topics:
- The definition and types of conservatorship.
- The right to consent or withhold consent to medical treatment.
- The right to enter into contracts.
- The right to make decisions concerning education.
- What is a special needs trust and how it benefits you and your son/daughter with a developmental disability?
- What is a will with special needs trust?
- Will the special needs trust have an impact on SSI, Medi-Cal or IHSS?