The State of California minimum wage increases to $13.00 per hour for employers with 26 or more employees and $12.00 per hour for employers with 25 or fewer employees on January 1, 2020. The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) has been allocated additional funds by the Legislature for dissemination to service providers to meet the increased minimum wage mandate. It is important to note that the funds allocated by DDS are solely to meet a service provider's costs to increase employee/staff wages to $13.00 per hour (or $12.00 per hour based on the number of employees) and the associated mandated costs (i.e. Social Security, Medicare and workers’ compensation). Please click on the link below to read the letter from DDS, then click on the Workbook link to complete your request for a rate adjustment. SPECIAL NOTE: Only one rate adjustment request per workbook. You must submit one workbook for each vendor number. REMINDER: The deadline to submit is March 1, 2020. Requests submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Client and Family Training and Development Guidelines
When requesting to attend a training seminar or conference, all family members and clients must follow the current guidelines for attendee selection. This applies to all local, regional or national training events.
If guidelines are met, discuss the need for training with your service coordinator. The service coordinator is responsible for obtaining manager signature prior to submitting training authorization (701), registration and/or travel authorization (700) to Training and Development.
Levels of Family and Client Training and Development
Internal Training, Orientation
Purpose: to build the capacity of clients and their families to live full, productive and satisfying lives in their own community.
Process: A current record of training attendance will be maintained in the Training and Development unit. Family members and clients will receive announcements of upcoming training and development opportunities. Registration will be conducted by Training and Development or as specified in each training.
Selection Guidelines: Open to all Lanterman family members and clients.
Internal Training, Preparatory
Purpose: to enhance the family member’s or client’s ability to function in a leadership/partnership role, such as board, committee, council, etc.
Process: Upon recommendation or request, the family member or client will receive announcements of upcoming internal training and development opportunities. Registration will be conducted by the Training and Development unit or as specified in each training.
- When space is limited, management and Training and Development may gather additional information that will be used to determine the most appropriate candidates for the training.
- When space is limited, preference will be given to those that demonstrate the ability to utilize the information and to share with others, such as through organizational and community presentations and volunteer efforts.
Purpose: To acknowledge select family member and client’s individual contributions to the Regional Center’s mission and to promote the development of future leaders.
Process:Submit training authorization (701), registration form, and applicable travel authorization (700) to Training and Development. Upon final administrative approval, registration and applicable travel arrangements will be coordinated by Training and Development. Requests do not require funding committee approval prior to submission to Training and Development.
- Family member or client must complete training authorization (701) that will be used to determine the most appropriate candidates for the training
- Family member or client has not received support to attend same/similar event during past three years
- Family member or client is recognized as expert in this area – beneficial for the Lanterman Community
- Family member or client has attended or exhausted local options and/or scholarship opportunities
- Family member or client demonstrates active volunteer involvement with the Regional Center and/or financial commitment towards the training
- Preference will be given to those that demonstrate the ability to utilize the information and to share with others, such as through organizational and community presentations and volunteer efforts.