The State of California minimum wage increases to $12.00 per hour for employers with 26 or more employees and $11.00 per hour for employers with 25 or fewer employees on January 1, 2019. The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) has been allocated additional funds by the Legislature for dissemination to service providers to meet the increased minimum wage mandate. It is important to note that the funds allocated by DDS are solely to meet a service provider's costs to increase employee/staff wages to $12.00 per hour (or $11.00 per hour based on the number of employees) and the associated mandated costs (i.e. Social Security, Medicare and workers’ compensation). Please click on the link below to read the letter from DDS, then click on the Workbook link to complete your request for a rate adjustment. SPECIAL NOTE: Only one rate adjustment request per workbook. You must submit one workbook for each vendor number. If a vendor number has multiple rates that are impacted by the minimum wage increase, you must submit one workbook for each sub-code rate. REMINDER: The deadline to submit is March 1, 2019. Requests submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Lanterman Regional Center issues a Request for Proposals (RFP) when there is a need to develop specific homes, programs or specialized services for clients. Current RFPs can be viewed here. This awards page shows details about RFPs that have been awarded as well as info for those RFPs for which the application period has closed and a decision is pending. Information provided includes RFP title, name of awardee, amount awarded and a one sentence summary of the RFP.
RFPs Pending Decision
Information about RFPs whose application period has closed but are still pending decision will be posted here.
Development of 3-Bed Children/Adolescents' Crisis Home (Licensed Residential Care Program for Children/Adolescents with Developmental Disabilities
- The Frank D. Lanterman Regional Center is seeking proposals from Housing Development Organizations (HDO) to develop a long-term specialized residential crisis home that will ultimately serve up to three children/adolescents unable to reside in the family home. These children/adolescents are in need of a structured environment with specially trained staff to provide the significant structure and supports necessary to help them thru their crisis. The home developed will need to be modified to meet the needs of individuals with significant behaviors that may include screaming, property destruction and aggression toward others.
- View the RFP
2017 RFP Awards
New Peers Social Group Program for Clients with Developmental Disabilities
- Easter Seals
- $84,260 over 18-month project duration
- RFP funds will be used to develop a Peers Social Group program for regional center adult clients. The program will initially serve up to 25 adult clients. The program will educate, promote and facilitate peer interaction and social opportunities in the community.
- View the RFP
2016 RFP Awards
Korean Community Health Worker Project
- Korean Youth and Community Center (KYCC)
- $181,980 over 18-month project duration
- RFP funds will be used to create a Community Health Worker (CHW) program within Lanterman’s Korean community, similar to the Promotora Project for the Spanish-speaking community, that will build trust through home visitations and monitoring to improve access to services and increase utilization of available services that exist within the regional center as well as the community.