El Internet está inundado de información y recursos sobre el Coronavirus (COVID-19) desde el nivel federal hasta el estatal y local. Comenzamos esta página para compartir algunos de los recursos e información que encontramos más útiles y accesibles, además de compartir información específica para Lanterman sobre cualquier efecto que esto tenga en nuestras operaciones, nuestros proveedores de servicios y la comunidad en general.
Our Philosophy is…
- All individuals shall be treated with dignity and respect.
- All individuals are unique and deserve recognition for their abilities and strengths.
- All individuals have needs, aspirations, desires, dreams, hopes and feelings, and shall be encouraged and supported to achieve independent, productive lives in their home communities, recognizing the interdependence of all people.
- All individuals have a spiritual dimension whose growth shall be encouraged, respecting individual, family and cultural traditions, and values.
- Individuals with developmental disabilities have the same rights, privileges, opportunities and responsibilities as other members of the community, and shall be encouraged and supported to exercise them.
- Families are the primary source of care, nurturing and support for children and adults with developmental disabilities. These relationships shall be respected, supported and promoted throughout the individual’s life by building partnerships among individuals with developmental disabilities, their families, the regional center and the community. Partnerships that are based on mutual respect, recognizing and valuing the roles, strengths, capabilities, experiences and contributions of all.
- Partnerships shall be promoted and supported among individuals with developmental disabilities, their families, service providers and the community, for the design, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of services to achieve quality outcomes.
- Individuals with developmental disabilities and their families shall have a leadership role in making decisions in all areas of their lives, including residence, education, employment, health, recreation and relationships. The role of the professional is to provide information, expert advice, resources and direct assistance, enabling individuals with developmental disabilities and their families to make informed decisions about plans, services and supports in order to accomplish their desired outcomes.
- Services and supports shall be individualized and flexible over time, be built on strengths and needs, and respect the choices and preferences of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. These services and supports shall be provided in a culturally appropriate, accountable, accessible and cost-effective manner, in natural environments with natural relationships.