El Internet está inundado de información y recursos sobre el Coronavirus (COVID-19) desde el nivel federal hasta el estatal y local. Comenzamos esta página para compartir algunos de los recursos e información que encontramos más útiles y accesibles, además de compartir información específica para Lanterman sobre cualquier efecto que esto tenga en nuestras operaciones, nuestros proveedores de servicios y la comunidad en general.
What is the ABLE Act?
Do you or a loved one have a developmental disability? Ever wished you could save more money without losing your federal benefits? Now you can.
The Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act makes it possible for people with developmental disabilities to have up to $100,000 in savings at any time - and to put away $14,000 a year towards that limit - without losing access to important federal supports.
ABLE in California
Here in California, this program is being done by CalABLE. Accounts should be available by summer 2017.
The California State Treasurer's Web site has a list of upcoming CalABLE-sponsored events or events where representatives from CalABLE will be on-hand to answer questions about the program. View the list of upcoming presentations/events
Learn More About CalABLE and ABLE in General
To help you learn more about ABLE accounts, there are various resources available. With them, you can get started on the road to increased savings, improved financial security, and achieving a better life experience.
- CalABLE program brochure (download English l download Spanish)
- CalABLE information guide (download English l donwnload Spanish)
- Official fact sheet from CalABLE
- Watch a recent webinar hosted by CalABLE
- CalABLE Facebook page, Twitter account, and mailing list
- History and details of the bill, with a federal perspective, from the National Down Syndrome Society
- Status of state programs across the country, from The Arc (national)
- The ABLE National Resource Center, from the National Disability Institute