Partners in Lifelong Support Since 1966
Koch-Young Resource Center Overview
The Koch-Young Resource Center provides information, education and support for people with developmental disabilities, families with children who have special needs, Lanterman staff, professionals and the general community. The Resource Center offers a number of services, including:
- A HelpLine, which links people to community resources related to developmental disabilities, provides information and referral, and does tailored research for unique needs;
- A multimedia multilingual library collection of approximately 8,000 disability-related materials that is searchable online at library.lanterman.org;
- Providing assistance to the Center’s varying support groups;
- Coordinating Lanterman’s Peer Support Partner Program that is a one-on-one family support program that matches individuals with trained and experienced family members in a variety of areas of interest (www.lanterman.org/psm);
- Offering education and training opportunities; and
- Creating individualized disability-specific information packets.
Staff in the Resource Center are also responsible for:
In addition to the library and the Help Desk, the Resource Center also:
- Oversees the Assistive Technology Project that provides services by way of contract with the Assistive Technology Exchange Center of Goodwill Industries of Orange County.
Contact the Koch-Young Resource Center (at Lanterman)
The Resource Center can be reached at 213.252.5600. 213.383.1300, x. 5600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact the Koch-Young Resource Center - Brand (in Glendale)
Location: 611 North Brand, Glendale (right off of the 134 freeway)
Hours: Operating hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Security: Upon arrival, please check in with security and they will let you up to the KYRC on the second floor.
Parking: The Center does not reimburse KYRC visitors for parking. There is metered street parking behind the building and paid parking in the structure that can be accessed on Doran, just south of the 134.