The California Autism Professional Training and Information Network (CAPTAIN) is a cross agency network developed to support the understanding and use of evidence based practices (EBPs) for individuals affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). CAPTAIN members include regional centers, school districts, government agencies, university training centers and family resource centers. Through the CAPTAIN Web site, parents and professionals have access to trainings and resources in Evidence-Based Practices (EBPs) that are culturally sensitive, family centered, cost effective, and competency based through local SELPA, regional center, and family resource center nominated cadre members.
Conservatorship and Estate Planning
This training with an attorney helps families plan for the future, and covers the following topics:
- The definition and types of conservatorship.
- The right to consent or withhold consent to medical treatment.
- The right to enter into contracts.
- The right to make decisions concerning education.
- What is a special needs trust and how it benefits you and your son/daughter with a developmental disability?
- What is a will with special needs trust?
- Will the special needs trust have an impact on SSI, Medi-Cal or IHSS?
Pacific Community Center
501 S. Pacific Ave.
Glendale, CA 91204