Give Kids a Smile 2017
Give Kids a Smile was held on Friday, March 10, 2017 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Lanterman. Part of nationwide events coordinated through the American Dental Association, Gives Kids a Smile featured events for children 12 months to 14 years old and their parents, including:
- Dental screenings
- Oral health education, brushing, flossing
- Fluoride varnish
- Presentations on oral health and dental desensitization
- Dental resources, including Professional Child Development Associates, Children's Hospital Los Angeles Dental/Autism Clinic, Party Time Children’s Dental, University of California Los Angeles Pediatrics, Burbank Kids Dental Clinic, and Children’s Dental Fun Zone
- Arts and crafts table
- Dental care kits with oral health aids and other freebies
- Dental referrals as appropriate
A total of 51 children and 64 parents were served during the event.
A special thanks to the following dental providers for participating: Dr. Gina Gonzalez; Dr. Faribors Rodef; Debra Olsen, RDHAP; and Brenda Kibbler, RDHAP. And to volunteers from the following organizations: West Los Angeles College Dental Hygiene, Party Time Dental, Kids’ Community Dental Clinic, and Lanterman staff in the Clinical, Early Intervention and School Age units.