California law and regulation requires that regional centers display on their Web sites information about the dollar value of services they purchase for clients. These data (called "purchase of service" or "POS" data) must be reported separately by clients' ethnic/racial group, langauge and diagnosis.
Koch-Young Resource Center Overview
The Koch-Young Resource Center provides information, education and support for people with developmental disabilities, families with children who have special needs, Lanterman staff, professionals and the general community. The Resource Center offers a number of services, including:
- A HelpLine (213.252.5600, 213.383.1300, x. 5600 or firstname.lastname@example.org), which links people to community resources related to developmental disabilities, provides information and referral, and does tailored research for unique needs;
- A multimedia multilingual library collection of approximately 8,000 disability-related materials that is searchable online at library.lanterman.org;
- Providing assistance to the Center’s varying support groups;
- Coordinating Lanterman’s Peer Support Partner Program that is a one-on-one family support program that matches individuals with trained and experienced family members in a variety of areas of interest (www.lanterman.org/psm);
- Offering education and training opportunities; and
- Creating individualized disability-specific information packets.
Staff in the Resource Center are also responsible for:
- Maintaining the Web site (www.lanterman.org) and the Network of Care (www.lanterman.networkofcare.org).
- Publishing the Center’s public relations materials, such as brochures and informational booklets.
In addition to the library and the Help Desk, the Resource Center also:
- Oversees the Assistive Technology Project that provides services by way of contract with the Assistive Technology Exchange Center of Goodwill Industries of Orange County.
Contact the Resource Center
The Resource Center can be reached at 213.252.5600. 213.383.1300, x. 5600 or email@example.com.