Perspectives on Medical and Mental Health Concerns in Autism
CAPTAIN L.A. Presents a regional conference on Perspectives on Medical and Mental Health Concerns in Autism.
Training session topics will cover:
- Co-occurring medical conditions impacting health and behavior in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Diagnostic considerations in determining Mental Health influences in individuals with autism
- Evidence Based Practices used to address mental health concerns such as anxiety, social isolation and ADHD
This training is appropriate for parents, regional center staff, UCEDD staff, regional center service providers and mental health professionals.
- Leslie Richard, MD, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrician, FDLRC
- Derek Ott, MD, Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, UCLA
- Heather Hall, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist, CHLA USC/UCEDD
Registration deadline is March 12, 2019.
Parents call 213.252.4976 for more information regarding registration.
Free for Parents
Childcare Not Available
Service Providers, Community Members and Professionals register online at https://fdlrcprovider.arcalearn.org
$10/person for service providers, educators, and professionals
Registration Check-In: 9 a.m.
Lanterman Regional Center - 3rd Floor Berendo A
3303 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Due to security reasons, access to the building requires that all visitors carry a picture ID.
Parking: Available in the parking structure behind Lanterman on Berendo Avenue. Parking tickets will not be validated. Parking fees are $6.50 prior to 10 a.m. entry, otherwise the rate is $2 for every 15 minutes with a maximum rate of $16 for all day parking. Parking afer 5 p.m. is $5. There is metered parking on the street. Watch street signs. Lanterman is 2 blocks west of the Metro Red Line Wilshire/Vermont Station.