The Burns & Associates (B&A) Provider Rate Study has been completed and will be presented to the California Legislature on March 15, 2019. B&A and the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) are seeking provider input on the rate study and the proposed rate-setting models. Comments must be received at DDS by April 5, 2019.
Lanterman’s Service Provider Advisory Committee had a presentation on the rate study and the proposed models at their March 6 meeting and recommended sharing the information with service providers in small groups to better facilitate dialogue and gather your input. A link to the rate study can be found at www.dds.ca.gov.
You are strongly encouraged to attend one of the following sessions:
Friday, March 22, 2019
10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Personal Supports and Training: Personal Assistance (062)
- Community Integration Training 1:1 (055)
- ILS (520, 635)
- SLS - Single Site Support (896)
- Community Activities Support (063)
- In-Home Respite (862)
12:30 to 2 p.m.
- Behavioral and Professional Services: Behavior Services (612, 613, 615)
- Behavior Management Consultant (620)
- Adaptive Skills Trainer (605)
- Infant Development Program (805)
2:30 to 4 p.m.
- Day, Employment and Transportation Services: Socialization Training (028)
- Community Integration Training Group (055)
- Creative Arts (094)
- Activity Center (505)
- Adult Development Center (510)
- Behavior Management Program (515)
- Social Recreation Program (525)
- Supported Employment (950, 952)
- Work Activity Program (954)
- Vocational Training (055, 063)
- Transportation (875, 880)
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Residential Services: Community Care Homes (905, 910, 915, 920)
- Specialized Homes (113)
- Family Home Agency (904)
- SLS - Multiple Sites Support (896)
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Early Intervention Services: Occupational Therapy (116)
- Physical Therapy (116)
- Speech Therapy (116)
Thursday, April 4, 2019
10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Make-up session – open to everyone
For more information about the self-determination committee and the meetings, contact Frank Lara at 213.252.4902 or email@example.com.Read More
Regularly Offered Training Opportunities
Presented by Marjan Kermani, Lanterman Educational Law Clinic; Carmen Jimenez-Wynn, Employment Specialist; and LAUSD, this training is for parents, caregivers and professionals who work with students and young adults with special needs who have an IEP. The training will cover the following topics:
- What is a Transition IEP and what strategies and resources are available that will help develop a successful transition plan?
- What is the right path for your child?
- What supports, services and options are available for transition age youth that can facilitate the transition to adulthood?