Regularly Offered Training Opportunities
Esta presentación para familias con hijos de edad escolar cubrirá los siguientes temas:
- ¿Qué es la educación especial y cómo obtener lo máximo para el Programa de Educación Individualizado (IEP) de su hijo/a?
- ¿Cómo pedir una asesoría nueva y cuándo firmar un IEP?
- Estrategias para incluir a su hijo/a en la escuela y comunidad.
- Sección especial para padres con hijos de edad 18 años o más con enfoque en proceso de transición a programas para edad adulta.
This training with an attorney helps families plan for the future, and covers the following topics:
- The definition and types of conservatorship.
- The right to consent or withhold consent to medical treatment.
- The right to enter into contracts.
- The right to make decisions concerning education.
- What is a special needs trust and how it benefits you and your son/daughter with a developmental disability?
- What is a will with special needs trust?
- Will the special needs trust have an impact on SSI, Medi-Cal or IHSS?
Para familias con ninos con discapacidades del desarrollo de todas las edades. [en Espanol]Read More
Para familias que tienen ninos con necesidades especiales. [en Espanol]Read More
Lanterman's Programs and Services committee will be hosting a community meeting to share our caseload ratio data, as well as our plans to reduce caseload ratios, on Wednesday, July 10, 2019.
The meeting will be held at 10 a.m. in the Berendo Room on the 3rd floor at Lanterman Regional Center located at 3303 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010.
Spanish and Korean translation will be available if interested parties RSVP and request this service in advance. Please RSVP by Monday, July 8, 2019 with Gabriela Sanchez at 213.252.4930 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Chinese-speaking families who have children with special needs of all ages. [in Chinese]Read More
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender
For clients with special needs. [in English]
Educational group for families of children with autism. [in English]Read More
Special Topics Training (Service Providers)
REGISTRATION FOR THIS TRAINING IS NOW FULL.
A waitlist has been started and interested providers should e-mail email@example.com in order to be placed on the waitlist.
For both the new and seasoned manager, the difficult employee can serve as the greatest obstacle in providing an effective and team oriented environment. This presentation provides the audience with ten tips for gaining and staying in control of difficult employees. This presentation is scheduled for July 12, 2019.Read More
Recreational support group for sibilings ages 5 to 12 of individuals with developmental disabilities. [in English]Read More
Parent meetings that feature educational speakers on important topics and peer support for parents of chidlren with autism. [in English]Read More
Lanterman and ATEC present the third workshop in the TechTools Workshop Series 2019: "Tech Solutions for Independence." Learn about the technology tools and resources for adults with disabilities for college, employment and daily living. Includes equipment demonstration and hands-on opportunities. This workshop is scheduled for July 23, 2019.Read More
Lanterman Regional Center presents "My Personal Safety in an Emergency - Feeling Safe, Being Safe," an emergency preparedness workshop for clients ages 15-plus with developmental disabilities on July 23, 2019.Read More