Strategies for Students: Transition Into the Community
This presentation will cover:
- What is adulthood transition and how to obtain supports and services through the IEP/ITP process;
- what inclusion opportunities are available and how to request them;
- plus helpful strategies for successful inclusion into the community.
Panelists will include:
- Marjan Kermani, Special Education Attorney, Lanterman Special Education Law Clinic
- Lela Rondeau, Coordinator, LAUSD District Office of Transition
- Jaman Whittington, Transition Specialist, LAUSD DOTS
- Helane Schultz and Lissette Gomez, Regional Managers, Lanterman Regional Center
Space is limited.
Students are welcome.
Translation available upon request.
For questions and more information, contact email@example.com or 213.252.6638.
Register online via Eventbrite
Add Event to my Calendar
Lanterman Regional Center - Koch-Young Resource Center - First Floor
3303 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Due to security reasons, access to the building requires that all visitors carry a picture ID.
Parking: Available in the parking structure behind Lanterman on Berendo Avenue. Parking tickets will not be validated. Parking fees are $5 prior to 10 a.m. entry, otherwise the rate is $2 for every 15 minutes with a maximum rate of $16 for all day parking. There is metered parking on the street. Watch street signs. Lanterman is 2 blocks west of the Metro Red Line Wilshire/Vermont Station.